Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex4[_2_] Vortex4[_2_] is offline

Default OT Not DIY Solar Panels

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
In an earlier contribution to this discussion, Vortex4
wrote:

In my case I got the £2500 grant as well (this has just been stopped)
so it was a complete financial no-brainer.

Was it? What assumptions did you make about the average number of kWh per
day that you could extract from it? What fuel does it displace? How long
is the anticipated pay-back period?
--
Cheers,
Roger

1500-1600kWH per year generated from a 2kWp array costing £9k

Read this: http://www.yougen.co.uk/selling-elec...y-to-the-grid/

FiT is 41.3 pp kWh this is for all energy generated regardless of whether
you use it or it is exported after April.

So £600 + income per year (tax exempt by the way)

PLUS you you buy less electricity in the first place and that is in effect
10p/unit so another £100 per year (that will reduce as and when the electric
co replace my prehistoric meter with a smart one).

Even without the grant that's 8% ROI. A no brainer.