Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Home gadgets that cause interference with other domestic gear.Bah ....

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Tony" wrote in message
aemeijers wrote:
A few homes ago my monitor was back to back with the microwave (with a
wall in between). Every time the microwave operated it looked like I was
degaussing the monitor. Sometimes I'd have to tell my daughter to turn
off the microwave until I finished what I was doing.

You probably were. When the transformer was active it was generating a
magnetic field just as a degausing coil would. I have never tried it,but a
LCD type of display probably would not have been effected by the microwave.

I didn't think of that. No magnetic fields to worry about! No purity
to adjust!! No convergence!!! No dynamic convergence!!!!!!!!!!!