Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugh[_3_] Hugh[_3_] is offline

Default Dinging Telephone Bell

On 15 Feb, 16:48, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 04:24:51 -0800 (PST), Hugh wrote:
Does anybody have any ideas if this can be fixed, or do I just need to
replace the bell with an electronic sounder?

Keep the lovely proper old bell that you can hear anywhere and dump
the crappy modern user unfriendly BT Decor 1200.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Dumping the Decor 1200 is a possibility, however my wife has it in her
room and she likes its appearance and the features, so I need to find
an "engineering solution"!

The old bell dates back to the first installation in the house back in
the days when telephones were new fangled things. Here's a picture of
what it looks like:

http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/images/bellset_1a.jpg

and here are the insides:

http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/images/bell_1a_inside.jpg

Looks like this one has a thermistor (the red thing) in series with
the wiring?

Cheers,
Hugh