Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default 90 amps for electric car charge!

In article , wrote:

Also, the compare can't be made to a internal combustion engine car
getting 20MPG. The electric cars are very small cars. So, it should
be compared to cars getting 35-40 MPG. You can get a bluetec
Mercedes diesel in that range that is a real car. There are plenty
of other small cars capable of that mpg too, So assuming 35mpg, I
could drive at least 175 miles in a simlar car for the same $15 in
energy cost. And those electric energy costs are largely derived
from cheap coal from existing plants which are not particularly
clean. If we're to build anything remotely clean, ( think carbon
sequestration) you can expect the future energy prices to be way
higher. Unless we come up for a solution on how to make the
electricity, you can't begin to compare costs moving forward.

That solution's already he nuclear.