Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need suggestions for repairing ceramic birdbath pedestal

Northe wrote:
A group of javalina (I live in Arizona) knocked over my ceramic
birdbath. The pedestal is hollow and made from what looks like the same
red clay used for flowerpots (glazed on the outside). All the broken
pieces are on one side, so the pedestal still stands up.

I have all the pieces, and they fit together tightly. What I'm looking
for is an appropriate weatherproof structural adhesive to put the
pedestal back together.

Since the pieces fit so well together, I don't believe that an epoxy
putty would work.

What do the experts here recommend?

(Having learned my lesson, I will put a pipe in the ground to keep the
birdbath from being knocked over again.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Northe
Green Valley, AZ

http://www.thistothat.com/