Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Trap Door from living room into basement

"caledongrl" wrote in message
On Feb 15, 2:24 pm, Tony wrote:
caledongrl wrote:
Hi, I have been searching all over the internet to find a design for a
trap door. My basement/crawlspace is only 5'10" high. I was not
allowed by the township to have a full basement ( I live in a very
highly regulated area)

That's the weirdest regulation I've heard in a while. What is the
reasoning?

Does it have a concrete floor or can you dig it deeper by hand?

It is a strange regulation I agree. However, we are in a very
restricted area in terms of building - the area is protected land.
Because this is a second house on the property, when I renovated I
could not "expand" the living area. Previously there wasn't any
foundation or basement. By putting in a basement, they classify that
as "increasing the living area". I was pushing it by having such a
high crawl space! It is simply bureacratic BS.

When we were looking for land to build on it had regulations that you must
have 90% blue grass, no TV antennas, no close lines, cannot leave garage
door open except for enter or leaving with vehicle. We bought elsewhere.
Bought on a hillside that overlooks the city, and overlooks 3 mountain
ranges. So glad the restrictions caused us not to purchase the first place.
ww