Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Joint compound types/options/prices

"Michael Dobony" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:06:16 -0500, benick wrote:

90 minute mud is unworkable in 20 minutes max.

I don't mean to jump into the flame war you guys have going but that simply
isn't true.

If you use warm water or over mix it you will not get the rated time so
maybe that is your experience. The more times it is applied and scraped off
the wall also affects the time.

Failure to clean the mixer, tools or pans can also cause an early set.

Personally, all those things considered, I never mix more than I can use in
half the rated time and I do all the mixing without using a power tool.

--
Colbyt