Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Plumbing with Cinnamon

On Feb 15, 11:57*am, mike wrote:
On Feb 15, 9:49*am, ransley wrote:

On Feb 15, 11:33*am, mike wrote:

I was installing a bathroom sink drain assembly recently. *Due to the
sink material, I couldn't use putty under the drain flange. *I didn't
feel like using silicone under it, partly because any leak would just
flow into the drain chamber and really only prevent the sink from
maintaining a steady basin of water with the stopper engaged. *Also,
if I needed to change the drain assembly out, it'd be easier not to
have something clinging under the flange.

So, I sprinkled some ground cinnamon around the wet flange, and all
leaking ceased instantly. *It was somewhat amusing.

I'm sure calcium in the water will further infiltrate the cinnamon
seal with time.

Whats it made of gold? It will be amusing when you have to take it
apart to do it right.

What's made of gold? *The sink? *The flange? *Why does it matter?

It's working. *And even in the unlikely event that a leak reappears...
so what? * I hardly ever need to soak something in a basin of water.
And the nature of the possible leak doesn't create any mess. *Any
water goes down the drain.

I might have to reapply the cinnamon or smear some other sealer around
the edge of the flang if I really wanted to. *Not a biggie, and not
very likely.- Hide quoted text -

Try cornstarch next time, mixed with Vanilla extract.