Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Removing odor

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 09:41:40 -0800, the infamous "CW"
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote in message
news

"scritch" wrote in message
Herb Robinson wrote:
I've built a pantry for my wife and the only finish I used on the
interior (red oak plywood) was clear Watco. It looked great, but the
odor makes it unusable -- packaged goods absorb the smell. After two
months, applied a coat of wipe on polyurethane, but that has not helped.
The only thing I can think of now is to apply a coat of paste wax. Any
and all ideas will be appreciated.
I know it's the wrong season, but I like to put my projects outside in
the summer heat to ventilate and cure the finishes more quickly.

So if it was summer would you tear out the pantry to let it cure outside?
;~)

Just slide back the retractable roof.

Now there's a house selling point: Pantry with retractable Moon roof!

I was watching an old episode of something on the Fine Living Channel
once a lifetime ago. It showed a guy who had created a retractable
room. It made 3 walls and the roof of his bedroom roll out of the way
so the bedroom floor was exposed. He liked sleeping under the stars.
The thing was on tracks and took about 3 minutes to move out. Weird
but cool.

--
It's a great life...once you weaken.
--author James Hogan