Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is there Really any Free Plans?

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:25:25 -0800, the infamous Evodawg
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:37:27 -0800, the infamous Evodawg
scrawled the following:

I was looking around google today for free Mission Style Bed Plans and a
ton of sites come up but none are free. Anyone know of any? It's not

that
I'm to cheap to go buy one but I'd like to get a starting point and make
my own edits to it.

http://www.uniqueprojects.com/projec...missionbed.htm
The sole free Mission bed on the Web. g

I never understood anything but headboards. I like to sit on the end
of my bed, fall onto it from any angle, etc. I don't want a footboard
or tall sides to knock my ankles on, stub my toes on, y'know?

--
In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are
needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And

Yes I saw that one, nice pictures but little of anything else. Guess I can
make my own plans from the pics and what I like and don't like.

You might get a whole lot more than a few sets of plans from this
book, E. From $13.99, delivered. http://fwd4.me/FmR Buy the book,
build two beds, sell one, and you have a nice profit to buy more wood
for your other projects.

--snip-- one reviewer's comments:
5.0 out of 5 stars A complete and detailed guide to bed making and
design., October 27, 1999
By Andy Brownell ) (Chicago, IL) - See all
my reviews
"BEDS" by Jeff Miller provides an indepth look at the design and
construction of nine beds, ranging from beginner to advanced skill
levels. Complete cut lists for all of the projects are provided with
detailed drawings and descriptions for joinery, technique and several
construction options. Dozens of color photographs add to the readers
understanding of each bed project and are accompanied by a detailed
step-by-step description for building.

Many of the projects are also accompanied by detailed drawings and
instructions for making jigs to help the user with difficult cutting,
routing and shaping - a detail often overlooked by other books like
this.

Jeff's designs represent well thought out variations on several
classic bed designs and place an emphasis on clean lines and
proportions, solid construction and attention to detail.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in buiilding their
own bed, or to simply learn about what goes into the design and
construction of fine handcrafted furniture.
--snip--

--
It's a great life...once you weaken.
--author James Hogan