Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.freeware
Airman Basic Airman Basic is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

On 02/14/2010 11:41 PM, Brent wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:38:36 -0600, Airman Basic wrote:

Followed your link and downloaded "lj623en.exe" successfully at 4.8 mbs.
Using Chrome but just tried it with FF 3.6 with same result.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...5&swEnvOID=228

Thanks Airman! The bad news is I can't (yet) get that file but the good
news is that, if others can get it, then it must be something in my setup.

I'll keep looking at my setup. I think it's in the router more than the
computer if it is, 'cuz I can't get it from multiple computers.

What I will try to do is bring a flash card to the local library, access
this thread, and try to download it from there (I doubt they have
newsreaders but I think google will show this thread ok).

Thanks for confirming that the problem is on my side and not on the HP
side.

Reading the HP download info, noticed this:

"Note: Some download management or acceleration software may cause
issues with file downloads. Please disable any download management
software if you experience problems downloading a file."

If you're running any of that ilk, could be your problem. Years ago in
dial-up days, I remember GetRight giving me fits, 'til I disabled it for
the particular download.