Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Epoxy experts.....runny mess.

"Royston Vasey" fired this volley in
. au:

I'm trying to seal a printed circuit board into a PVC part I've turned
out on my lathe. The problem I'm having is the that the epoxy goes
quite runny as it goes through its curing process and some of it runs
through small gaps ( 0.5mm) where I'd prefer it didn't.

Has anyone played around with this type of problem?

Yep. If you cannot seal the gaps (don't understand why you can't -- or
is it just too much trouble to do?), then you'll need to add a thixotrope
to the epoxy. Stirring will thin the material for pouring (thixotropic
== "shear thinning"). Remaining still will cause it to thicken; the
time-to-thicken and the degree of thickening are determined by the nature
of the thixotrope and how much you add.

LLoyd