Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Lathe chuck spindle attachment

Some rotary tables can be motorized to run continuously while milling, but I
expect that some of the light duty RTs should probably just be used for
positioning.

I was using a motorized RT for a while, and it seemed to work very well
(hobby, not production speeds & feeds). I used a small Oriental Motor
gearmotor, chain and sprockets and a Phase II 6" horizontal RT.
The RT was turning very slowly, less than 2 RPM, maybe considerably slower.
It's a method I wanted to try, for cutting disks from sheet/plate stock
without center holes.

--
WB

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

snips

BTW can you put a motor drive on a rotary table so it turns at a constant
rate?

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC