Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman blueman is offline

Default Load Snow Blower into SUV

"Bernie Hunt" writes:
Reporting back the solution, in case someone runs across this in the future;

I went with a pair of Black Widow folding alluminum ramps. At 22lbs a piece
they are easy to move around and fold up to fit inside the SUV. They are
load rated at 600lbs each so there's no problem with the weight and I can
walk up them after the blower. I used them in the storm this last week and
they worked out great.

I found them here;
http://www.discountramps.com/dual-runner-atv-ramps.htm
at $170 for the pair delivered.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

Bernie

I recently had the exact same issue - I needed to bring my way-too-heavy
snowblower back to the shop for a warranty repair.

I considered renting ramps from Home Depot, but eventually went with
these Harbor Freight ramps:
They list for $89 but with 20% off, I ended up getting them for a little
over $70.

The nice thing is that they are tri-fold so that they fold up to a
compact 26" long and include an integral carrying handle.

They are rated at 1000 lbs (500 lb each ramp) vs. 1200 lbs (600 per
ramp) for your model. Also the ramps are a a little shorter and narrower at
75" x 9". Also, a bit heavier at 33lbs each since they are steel.

Quality seems quite good.
Also, just for the metal alone, $70 for 66 lbs of steel seemed like a
good price jk