Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Would adding a 5 or 10 gallon portable tank to my compressor be helpful?

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in
:

Done all the times.
Just be sure the tanks can handle the pressure and you have plenty of
hose size for air flow.

Adds capacity. If pumped (takes longer) to a higher value than needed
(normal) a larger capacity will last longer before it drops below the
low set level.

You can find tanks in yard sales for this purpose.

Martin

I can confirm this. I've got a 5 or 10 gallon tank that I use for my
model air brush. At 40 psi, it ran out of pressure rather quickly. At
90 psi with a HF regulator set for 40 psi, it runs out of air quite a bit
slower.

Puckdropper