Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default This will Blow your mind!

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:22:41 -0800, Winston
wrote:

On 2/14/2010 4:20 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

Newp. I wasn't going to argue Faraday with him because I didn't study
him in my computer technology course at Coleman. No EE here, sorry.
I followed him through Kirchhoff, though.

Good! That means you grok Ohms Law which states we cannot expect
large voltage differences on the ends of a good conductor
that is passing Very Little Current.

You demonstrated quite the contrary with your experiment. Induction
can produce a voltage difference from end to end of a good or perfect
conductor regardless of what current it may be passing. Ohmic IR drop
is independent of induction and superposition holds.