Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT, Getting cash fast?

"axolotl" wrote in message
On 2/14/2010 1:25 PM, RogerN wrote:
My wife had an auto accident Friday and now needs something to drive to
work.

I don't know where you are, but in many locations car rentals are pretty
reasonable. Rent for the rest of the week, get your refund and buy what
you want without any financial shenanigans.

As for the next question, I once had a Prizm that was rear ended. Still
drivable. The insurance company considered it scrap worth $75. I paid the
insurance company $75 for the car, and drove it until the insurance
company paid the replacement value and I replaced it.
At 205,000 miles, the parts are at the end of the design life.

This is worth what it cost.

Kevin Gallimore

We have a couple of spare vehicles right now so I'm going to drive one of
them until we get something to replace her car. Working with my finances
tonight shows I'll probably only be able to put $2K-$3K down payment, if I
sell the Backhoe right away I'll be able to pay the financed vehicle off
right away.

I don't see a functional car being only worth $75, the core values for the
battery, starter, alternator, and maybe fuel pump should be worth almost
that much, not to mention a set of wheels & tires, running engine, working
transmission, doors, power windows, glass...

RogerN