Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
RFI-EMI-GUY RFI-EMI-GUY is offline

Default 45-degree diagonal cutters?

On 2/10/2010 12:29 PM, DaveC wrote:
I used to own a pair of flush cutters where the jaws and the handles met at
about a 45-degree angle. Made for a nice tool for getting in between
components when you needed to nip something off flush with the PCB.

I think they were Xcelite.

I can't find anything like those Xcelites anymore. Everything is either
straight (no angle between the jaws and handles) or maybe a slight angle.

Anyone know of a good cutter that has a 45-degree angle? Flush-cut desirable
but not critical. A 1/2" (12 mm) jaw opening would be nice, though.

Thanks,
Dave

I picked up a barely used set of Lindstrom (Sweden)Model Rx 8142. I am
not sure if the angle is more than 30 degrees, but very well balanced
and cushioned. I have forbidden the family to use them! My other cutters
look like they have been used for cutting iron nails!

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo ;-P