David Hearn

Default Core drills

"David Hearn" wrote in message
I want to put a clean hole through a cavity wall which has render on the
outside (and tiles on the inside!) for a tumble drier outlet as having the
window open whilst drying is making the kitchen very cold at this time of
year.

I guess a core drill would be the way to go (as opposed to drilling,
chipping out bits of brick manually). I've a basic 500w mains drill which

think may not be enough for this sort of thing (or am I wrong). Also, the
cost of the core drills are quite expensive. So - I thought about hiring
one. Quick look on HSS's website says £38 + VAT for a day's hire (or

£47.50
+ VAT for a weekend). This seems quite expensive for what should
(hopefully) be less than 30 minutes use.

BTW - the £38 + VAT is for a core drill and the drill itself - not just the
core drill bit. Erm... maybe I've got my terms muddled. Drills are what
you put bits into - so I guess I mean drill and core bit is £38 + VAT.