Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Removing odor

"scritch" wrote in message
Herb Robinson wrote:
I've built a pantry for my wife and the only finish I used on the
interior (red oak plywood) was clear Watco. It looked great, but the
odor makes it unusable -- packaged goods absorb the smell. After two
months, applied a coat of wipe on polyurethane, but that has not helped.
The only thing I can think of now is to apply a coat of paste wax. Any
and all ideas will be appreciated.

I know it's the wrong season, but I like to put my projects outside in the
summer heat to ventilate and cure the finishes more quickly.

So if it was summer would you tear out the pantry to let it cure outside?
;~)