Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Fence around a greenhouse

Cap'n Hannibal Kookypants wrote:
I've got a greenhouse (which i want to keep) , and a young son, who will
soon be in the garden, obviously the two are not totally compatible.
Hence I'm looking to build a fence around the greenhouse. Are there
any official guide lines/regs.
i was considering some kind of picket fence about 12 inches from the
greenhouse. so if he does fall again the fence and his arms go through
the fence they do not touch the glass

Any recommendations

I would just clad the bottom part of the greenhouse with plastic sheet.
Corrugated pvc roofing sheet would be cheapest. Clear polycarbonate
would be strongest, while acrylic lies somewhere between the two, but
has the advantage over polycarbonate of being inherently UV resistant.

Colin Bignell