Posted to alt.home.repair
MikeB[_3_] MikeB[_3_] is offline

Default Washer won't drain

On Feb 13, 9:45*pm, "Jim" nospam@wherever wrote:
"MikeB" wrote in message

I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to repairing home appliances, but
with this being a weekend, we have a small emergency.

Our Maytag front-loader washer is not draining the water after a
cycle. In fact, the water is still soapy, leading me to think that it
is just keeping the same water through all the cycles of a wash.

Is this something that I might attempt to fix, and if so what/where
should I look? Or am I doomed to go find a laundromat and wait for a
repairman to come out next week?

Thanks.

*Hi Mike... try here...http://www.maytag.com/content.jsp?na...shers_neptune* My
neighbor called me last week to see if I could find the problem as THERE IS
a filter that needs to be cleaned....hers wouldn't drain either and it was a
front load also. She just finished washing some kind of fluffy
quilt.........85 dollars later she had a repairman "find " it for her and
cleaned it out...now she says now that she knows where the damned thing is
she can do it herself... hope that link is of some help... Jim

That Maytag link (and all the others I could find) are so generic and
they don't mention a filter at all. I can't seem to find any good
manuals on the web either. None of the Maytag help mentions anything
that involves removing scres from the back of the machine. :\ But
hey, thanks for helping. I didn't actually find the link you posted,
so that's one more thing I could look at.