Posted to alt.home.repair
MikeB[_3_] MikeB[_3_] is offline

Default Washer won't drain

On Feb 13, 9:59*pm, auggie wrote:
On Feb 13, 9:00*pm, MikeB wrote:

On Feb 13, 8:26*pm, Mikepier wrote:

On Feb 13, 8:48*pm, MikeB wrote:

I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to repairing home appliances, but
with this being a weekend, we have a small emergency.

Our Maytag front-loader washer is not draining the water after a
cycle. In fact, the water is still soapy, leading me to think that it
is just keeping the same water through all the cycles of a wash.

Is this something that I might attempt to fix, and if so what/where
should I look? Or am I doomed to go find a laundromat and wait for a
repairman to come out next week?

Thanks.

Sounds like the drain pump/hose is clogged or the pump itself is not
working. I once had a blockage from a stuffed animal that broke apart
and clogged the pump. It was straightfoward to remove the panel and
gain access to the pump.
Not sure how it is on front loaders, but on most top loaders like
mine, the pump is a seperate component that is easy to get at. You
might want to visit a site like this for help.http://www.repairclinic..com/Applian...liance%20parts

I opened the back and the pump is quite separate from the rest of the
components. One concern I have is that I open anything there, all the
water in the machine will come running out into the innards of the
washer. Not good. I did remove as much water as I could, but there is
water below the perforated drum that I cannot reach.- Hide quoted text -

if the pump is higher than the level of water it wont come gushing out
on ya, if there filter idea doest work i would take a five gallon pail
and disconect the line from the inlet side of the pump .. at least
then you would know if its before or after the pump

Well, from what I can tell the pump (and where the hoses connect to it
front and back is below the drum. and less than an inch off the floor.
I can't get anything but perhaps a cookie sheet (if I can find a
smallish one with a rim) in there. Tomorrow I have to leave early, but
later in the day I might try to post a pic. Perhaps I'm looking at the
wrong thing/place.