Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Would adding a 5 or 10 gallon portable tank to my compressor be helpful?

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
No issues at all in doing it. It will give you greater capacity, but your
compressor will take longer refilling the tanks, as you noted. If you're
doing low volume stuff it will be no real problem. You'll go longer
between cycles, but the cycles will be longer. It really depends on what
you're using your compressor for. If you're driving some brads here and
there, there really won't be any great value after the trade off is
considered. It won't get you into higher delivery rates though.

Perfect answer, Mike
I think you'd tire of the long fill time rather quickly, especially if you
only use that added short burst capacity once in a great while. I imagine
you could even get in trouble trying to spray paint and have to wait for
pressure again, and again. Engine or compressors, there is no substitute
for cubic inches.