Posted to rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Blowing sawdust around

"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
On 2/13/2010 7:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
at is the big smoke stage

Just before it breaks into open flames.

Since we were moving in to a new house the garage was full of
cardboard boxes. The sanding dust was in a plastic bag in a
plastic garbage can that was sitting next to the cardboard
boxes.

When the garage filled up with smoke and it started leaking into
the house we realized that something was wrong. Fortunately I
was able to get the garage open and the can into the drive. At
that point it was simple to fill the can with water.

It took some time to get the smell of smoke out of the garage,
and the plastic can had to be replaced as a big section was
melted from the heat.

It was one of those comedy of errors things. No one did
anything wrong, just the sum of the actions of several people
created the quite volatile situation.

Out of curiosity, had the dust come from newly finished wood or
was it just the wood itself that heated?

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.