Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Blowing sawdust around

On 2/13/2010 7:18 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
at is the big smoke stage

Just before it breaks into open flames.

Since we were moving in to a new house the garage was full of cardboard
boxes. The sanding dust was in a plastic bag in a plastic garbage can
that was sitting next to the cardboard boxes.

When the garage filled up with smoke and it started leaking into the
house we realized that something was wrong. Fortunately I was able to
get the garage open and the can into the drive. At that point it was
simple to fill the can with water.

It took some time to get the smell of smoke out of the garage, and the
plastic can had to be replaced as a big section was melted from the heat.

It was one of those comedy of errors things. No one did anything wrong,
just the sum of the actions of several people created the quite volatile
situation.