Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Blowing sawdust around

That is interesting as I checked several other MSDS sheets and copied
from this one.

http://www.qmaxsolutions.com/Files/C...05/sawdust.pdf

If you are a good liability lawyer you may have a potential client.

That may be a case of a typo getting reproduced. Known to happen...
*especially* in the internet age.

I went back and rechecked the other Online MSDS's and they list
40g/cubic meter.

All that said I still would not want to have a VERY fine wood dust
distributed around my shop with a fan, knowing the potential of dust
explosions.

http://www.sbcindustry.com/docs/OQM/...Combustion.pdf

I'm not doubting it can happen, and obviously has. Farmers have known
about it for years. I'm just saying, the home shop guy isn't going to
let it get that bad. I could see a sugar factory with everyone wearing
full head breathers, all focused on close-up work they are doing, not
seeing the haze around them.

Nonetheless, better safe than sorry.

BTW, what is the big smoke stage?

--