Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default What are fiber rope crimps called?

What are those compressed/crimped wire rope clips for fiber rope
called? They overlap by about half the circumference of the clip and
have flat tips. It's a cheap fast way to make eyes for noncritical
stuff. We're looking for the clips and a manual crimper. Searching is
hard because of "wire rope". So I need a name or link.
I did a search for hog rings but they either butt at the ends or the
points go past each other. I don't want sharp points because these are
going to be used with animals.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/rope_clips.jpg

We may end up using these:
http://www.raraequus.com/productcart...3&idproduct=92