Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default OT - Photos to DVD

On 13/02/2010 12:21, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember
saying something like:

I have been tasked with putting some digital photos into a presentation - on
DVD to be presented on a digital projector. My only experience of doing this
was with a Microsoft package which seemed to reduce the image sharpness. Any
suggestions as to what I should try - preferably free software.

irfanview does a slideshow, but I've no idea how good it is.

Indeed it does.

For several years I did some simple presentations for someone - had to
be MS Powerpoint. The issues that this had where it produced gigantic
file sizes and could not display reliably were unbelievable. (More
recent versions were, I believe, somewhat better.) Standard trick was to
export it to a PDF. Displaying PDF presentations worked very well.
OpenOffice supports Export to PDF from Impress.

Used to include both the Powerpoint & the PDF on the CDs so they could
choose.

--
Rod