Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Hammer Drill as a Driver

krw wrote the following:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 12:20:35 -0500, willshak
wrote:

mcp6453 wrote the following:

I just noticed that Tom Silva is using a battery operated hammer drill
as a driver for screws and lag bolts. He is using this one:

http://bit.ly/cDqNPe

What are the benefits of a hammer drill versus a regular battery
operated driver? When should a hammer be used instead of a regular
driver?

It does not have to be operated in hammer mode. It can be operated as a
regular driver.
Having a combo hammer/driver drill saves having to carry/own two
separate drills.

I suspect this is the real reason someone would use a hammer drill to
drive screws. I suppose even in hammer mode, the driver would act
something like an impact driver (love my 12V Bosch).

OTOH, the show could have been paid for the product placement. ;-)

Which would have been noted in the closing credits.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY