Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default How do you create a PDF by copying a page in an HP printer/copier?

On 2/13/2010 11:44 AM, Brent wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 08:26:54 -0500, Colbyt wrote:

You label yours as a printer copier. Does it offer the option to save the
scan somewhere on your computer?

It has a "scan" button (along with "print", "copy", and "fax" buttons).

The print button works.
The copy button works.
The fax button works.
But I never used the scan button and that one button does not work. It just
says "waiting for PC" in the display when I hit the scan button.

On the PC side, whenever I use the suggested programs, they ask for the
"source" but the source box is empty.

What am I missing?

Brent, what you are missing is the concept that there is no real difference
between scanning an image and saving the scan as a .pdf file and scanning the
image, saving it as a .jpg or .png, or .tif file, and then "printing" that file
(converting it) to a .pdf file. The .jpg (etc.) file merely functions as an
intermediate step in the process for you. I've been using sourceforge's open
source PDF Creator for years and it works like a charm.