Posted to alt.home.repair

Default So Where Are All These Unemployed People?

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 01:21:47 -0500, "benick"
wrote:

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Feb 10, 6:08 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
dgk wrote:

That's why it's now called Climate Change instead of Gloal Warming.
Too many stupid people think that Global Warming means that it will
always be warmer and never get cold or snow again. "Oh wow, it's cold,
so much for global warming!"

Most of us learned that heat is energy and that more energy in the
atmosphere means more extreme events. And yes, over all, higher
average temperatures. Maybe not where you are right now. Where I am
right now we're getting another big snow storm.

More heat equals greater extremes? By what law of nature, thermodynamics,
God, man, or physics can that possibly be?

If I add heat to a pan of water I can get ice?

Global warming = more severe winters is a scientific fiction.

The Earth's climate is more complicated than a pan of water. Your
model is flawed. Consider the effect of El Nino (as we are seeing
this year); that's an oceanic current that moves around. If the
average global temperature increases, we might well see more
El Nino events than we have been.

Of course, you simply don't want to believe in global warming, so no
rational persuasion will have any effect.

Cindy Hamilton

Taking a sample of rising temps over a 100 year span and trying to make a
judgment is like taking a nano second of your life and drawing
conclusions...The earth has been warming constantly since the last ice age
and to say what if anything man is doing is simply ridicoulis....Environuts
are sometimes called Watermelons...Green on the outside and RED on the
inside...LOL...

Our planet is in constant change. We should be far more concerned if
a comet or meteor strikes the earth--that can be 1000X the force of a
Hiroshima bomb. The number of sun flares affects our environment to a
great extent. Politicians will use anything to get votes. Sadly
many folks are not too educated, some believe the earth is 6,000 years
old because that is what the minister told them. Al Gore needs to be
educated. In any event, we can not save the planet but everyone
should be for recycling, reusing, and reducing energy consumption.