Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default "Oland", "Schmoland" One "Inserted Bit" tool is as good as another.

On 02/12/2010 10:00 PM, mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:00:39 -0900, Kevin Miller wrote:
Ever heat the shaft of the old tool? Wondering if any are epoxied in,
and if that would soften the grip...

I've never had to, Kevin.. Most of them have come out pretty easily, without
even removing the ferrule..

I'd just try it first.. heating could (probably wouldn't) char or weaken the
handle or make the hole loose..

Hopefully I wouldn't get it that hot. I'll give it a try cold first
though. Worst case I destroy it and have to sacrifice a 2x2x18 hunk of
something solid.

S'later...

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb