Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Blowing sawdust around

"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
On 2/12/2010 10:38 PM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message

I know you're supposed to blow the dust off of equiptment and out of
motors every once in a while. Do you folks who do this use dedicated
compressors? This seems like it could perform dual duty (In the computer
room and the workshop), is exceptionally portable and doesn't take up as
much space. What do you think?

I would think that there should be a word of caution about the fan system
being discussed. Wood dust will explode, when it reaches the proper
concentrations. With the fan to create a uniform mixture of wood dust and
air through out the garage, you will get a bigger explosion, when your
furnace, or other system creates the spark.

I believe that is highly unlikely. The only time you hear of that actually
being a problem is through what a freind heard a frend read some where.
What you will need is a fire to burn the dust, but probably no explosion.