Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Drop in December new-home sales fuels concern over recent gains US economy grows at fastest rate in 6 years

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

There's no comparison between the total war of WWII and anything we might
engage in against one country the size of Iran, or even the whole Middle
East. Hell, Bush didn't even raise taxes for Iraq. He told us not to upset
anything, and to keep spending at the mall.

I believe the keep spending at the mall comment was in reaction to 9/11. Perhaps he knew
just how much our economy relied on consumer spending?

Wes