Mike in Mystic

Default lining up drawer supports in cabinet carcass

There are a multitude of ways to approach this. Since you're using a face
frame, I would cut dadoes into the sides on the table saw. Cut adjacent
grooves at the same time on corresponding parts, and they will be perfectly
aligned (make sure you run the same edge against the fence each time). When
you put on the face frame, the dado won't show through. Fit the drawer
supports to these dadoes, and you'll have a very secure joint for the
drawers to be supported by.

Mike

"Todd Seidenberg" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I am building a changing table for the child my wife and I are
expecting. I've decided to build it with three large drawers on one
side, and a door and drawer on the other, taller side.

I've built the face frame, and I've cut all the pieces for the
carcass. I've also built lap jointed rectangluar drawer supports that
the drawers will rest on.

So the question is, how do I line up the drawer suppoorts from front
to back, so that they are level, and square? Is there some trick to
it? How do I ensure that the cleats that attach to the carcass to hold
the supports are in the correct position?

Any help would be appreciated.

- Thanks,

Todd