Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Some serious DIY modelling!

Dave wrote:
The Wanderer wrote:
http://www.wimp.com/rcjet/

Now that is some aircraft

It sure is and it begs the question of how it all works together. Is the
pitot tube at the front operational? Is it connected back to the ground
controller? I could go on for ever.

One of the lads at BAe systems (British Aerospace as it was when he
worked there) bought his first pure jet model aircraft about 5 to 8
years ago, but it was a single engine one. I have never seen it fly, but
I would be keen to go back on site and see it in action though.

I might phone him up next week and see what hoops I have to jump through
to get back on site. Security shouldn't be a problem as I had a very
high clearance when I worked there.

if you just want to see jets fly, any model show in the year generally
has a few.

Thanks for prompting me in this direction.

Dave