Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Beryl[_5_] Beryl[_5_] is offline

Default Bend over, here it comes...

flipper wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:03:31 -0800, Beryl wrote:

Robert Baer wrote:

not protected by the Fourth Amendment" is accurate then the 4'th
amendment is effectively eviscerated since, in this day and age,

Partial solutions, IN ORDER:
1) ALL searches are illegal by anybody for any reason unless agreed upon
by ALL directly affected parties, PERIOD.

Remember your post, some time back, about the U.S. Coast Guard searching
some poor shmuck's fishing boat EVERY time he took it out off the
Florida coast? We found out then that 4th Amendment rights against
unreasonable search only apply _inside_ your home. Not in your car,
boat, or even your own back yard.

I don't think so but if your version is correct then SOMEone on the
court needs to reread the 4'th because 'houses' is but ONE of the FOUR
specifics listed. And that's without making any 'interpretations'.

The Supreme Court has consistently
said so.

I'd like to see a cite for that claim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Okay, cars have a "reduced expectation of privacy", but not none. Unless
they're in the vicinity of an international airport, of course, which
could turn an unreasonable search into a Border Search Exception.

Here's the catchall that nailed the pot grower I mentioned:
"Not all actions by which governmental authorities obtain information
from or about a person constitute a search. Therefore, government action
triggers the amendment's protections only when the information or
evidence at issue was obtained through a "search" within the meaning of
the amendment. If no search occurs, no warrant is required. Generally,
authorities have searched when they have impeded upon a person's
reasonable expectation of privacy."