Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Hot Water Boiler

"jimmy" wrote in message
I am considering replacing my hot water boiler this year. Presently have a
Burnham which has served me well for 35 years. I did the installation 35
years ago and now I am going to get prices from local contractors for a
replacement..
I also understand there is a $1500 tax credit this year for just that.
Your comments on brands including energy efficient models would be
appreciated.

My choice last year was the System 2000 by Energy Kinetics.
www.energykinetics.com

Based on the two previous years of oil use and the degree days, my savings
for the past year came to 39.4%.

I had a 30 year old Texaco with a Beckett burner and tankless coil for hot
water. This has a 40 gallon indirect fired hot water tank that saves a
bundle of money by comparison.

Yes, you get a $1500 tax credit and you may also be able to get 0% interest
financing and state rebate. CT gave me $500 and 10 years to pay for the
boiler. The savings in oil alone pay the monthly payment so I guess you can
say I got a free boiler. With 14 months of use, I'd buy it again, no
hesitation.