Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Home gadgets that cause interference with other domestic gear. Bah ....

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Oren wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 14:08:05 -0500,
wrote:

I forget the exact wording but most electronic devices say something
like:

"This equipment passes all FCC requirements. Any interference it may
cause is up to the end user to rectify."

In an office once there was a Motorola walk-talkie radio and charger
that sat right next to an old x86 computer. Seems that was killing the
hard drive of the PC?? Never really found out for certain, though.

Hi,
Once I had to work on a problem caused by air port radar.
Nearby large commercial computer system installation was going crazy
at certain interval that was when the rotating radar antenna was pointed
at the site.

I had a 92' Plymouth mini-van and read reports of that years crop of
Chrysler engines has a bad habit of stalling if they drove close to some
airports at the time the radar beam was pointed in their direction.
Apparently the radar beam would shut down the electronic ignition.

We are currently experiencing a problem with a Sony cordless phone (Sony no
longer makes cordless phones). This phone will shut down our in-house WIFI
network whenever one of the phones is in use. We are looking for a suitable
replacement that does not confect with our Nortel wired phones the way a
Siemens cordless phone did. We returned it.