Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam Sam is offline

Default Home gadgets that cause interference with other domestic gear. Bah ....

"N8N" wrote in message

It appears that just because something is UL (Underwriters Labs.) or
CSA (Can. Standards Assoc.) approved and is therefore 'safe' it may
not be free from causing interference! Also some incompatibilities
occur. Yesterday visited the lamp/light fixture show room of an
elecrical supplier and during discussion the topic of NOT using
dimmers with CFLs came up. Apparently some of their customers are
still not aware of that!

You have to use a cfl that is specifically rated for use on a dimmer.

I've returned a lot of those; I can't tell the difference between them
and a regular CFL (e.g. none of them really work as advertised.)

nate

I bought two dimmer friendly CFL lights from H.D. They work as advertised.
They have larger bases from the regular Cfls.