Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron Vic Baron is offline

Default Is there Really any Free Plans?

"Evodawg" wrote in message
I was looking around google today for free Mission Style Bed Plans and a
ton of sites come up but none are free. Anyone know of any? It's not that
I'm to cheap to go buy one but I'd like to get a starting point and make
my own edits to it.
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !

What I do is Google the end product, not plans using Google Images. that
gives me lots of pix of various types that folks are trying to sell. Usually
they will have dimensions etc. This gives me a guideline on basic
proportions. Sometimes you will find a basic plan design. I use all this to
come up with the design and go from there.

If you decide on specific type joint, lots of examples abound. Put all that
stuff together and you have what you want.

Vic