Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Deep-Well Advice Needed

Bob Villa wrote:
On Feb 10, 10:11 pm, "benick" wrote:
"Harry K" wrote in message

On Feb 7, 1:56 pm, Bob Villa wrote:

Lately, I'm getting some air in the system. I don't get any water if
I release pressure from the tire valve on the pressure tank. On
pressure is 28PSI off is 48, and the pressure in membrane with pump
off is 27PSI (as best as I can measure).
I can hear air when the tank is emptying with the pump off. Can I
tell if the membrane is bad or the pump is sucking air somehow (going
dry or whatever)?
TIA
bob

1. Your on/off and precharge pressures are correct.
2. You will not get water out of that valve unless the bladder is
broken.

Sign of a broken bladder is the pump 'short cycling' (turning on and
off rapidly).

Dunno where the air comes from, I get some occasionally also.

Harry K

As do I...Always thought it had something to do with the water
softener/filter system...Never worried about it...Everything is almost
new...

I had changed the water filter about 2 weeks prior...and I get some
air after.
Can the water heater (NG) expand air into the cold pipes?
I haven't had any more issues...thank the Lord!

The lord fixes water heaters? Is he listed in the yellow pages? If I'm
gonna call someone I want to call the best!