Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Galley Kitchen Measurement Question

harry wrote:
Hello,

For the sake of workability what should be the perfect measurement,
between the sink-area, countertop edge, and the opposite (stove-area),
countertop edge? I once had a galley kitchen and measured it, but I
think it was 3and ½ feet or 4. It was close; eliminated a lot of
dripping from sink to stove and back, and it may have been too close,
but I donot remember as it was or wasnot, so I guess it was ok, or why
we ate out a lot.

IME 42" is just about right *IF* there is only one person working in the
kitchen at the same time. Four feet is fine for one person but much more
than that and you are wasting space and creating unnecessary steps; three
feet is getting tight.

For other than galley kitchens, 42" is fine for more than one person as long
as they are working in different areas.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...