Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default NEC LCD1935NXM quick picture then black screen

Jstein wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm having with my NEC flat
panel monitor model LCD1935NXM. This monitor was purchased a few
years ago and I recently started having trouble with it. The screen
shows no picture when connected to my computer. If I turn it off and
on, I get a quick (1 second) picture then solid black screen. I have
tried setting this up with VGA and DVI cables to no avail. I also do
not believe this is a setting issue as I have tried the monitor on
several computers adjusting the display settings on all of them.

Does this monitor have a chance or is it destined for the landfill? I
paid a lot of money for this and I would be saddened to see it go.
Anyone have any idea what could be causing this ? Thank you in
advance for your help.

(sigh) Would have been nice if you had done some research
(there's this website called *Google*...) before posting.

*Knowing* what *should* be on the screen, shine a flashlight
obliquely (so the reflection doesn't come straight back at
you) *into* the screen. If you can see the image that you
*expect* to be there, then your backlight(s) are not operating
(but the panel itself *is*).

Then, use Google to see why that might be the case and what
you can likely *do* about it (assuming you have the
necessary skillset).