Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_8_] Bruce[_8_] is offline

Default OT - Self Storage places

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 02:08:59 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I spent £150 on having my logo designed by a professional graphic artist and
nearly £400 on having my van signwritten. I get more work from that than
any other form of advertising. Over 5 years thats dirt cheap advertising.

Most common comment "I see your vans all over the place". I only have one
:-)

My dirt cheap advertising was renting a panel on the back of a bus.

My retail shop had the advantage of being located on a very busy road
leading to the town centre with seven or eight bus routes stopping
just outside. I found that, when I was delivering to customers and
battling through the traffic, I spent a lot of time queuing behind
buses and the idea of advertising on them suddenly occurred to me.

It cost me £120 a year for a space on the engine cover and that
included all the artwork, based on a rough layout I supplied.

It was a great success. The advert was at just above eye level so
anyone in the first two or three cars behind the bus good a good view
of it. Quite a few new customers said they had seen my advert on the
buses - we always asked people why they had chosen us over other,
similar businesses. They thought I had adverts on more than one bus -
I asked several customers to guess how many and the lowest guess was
three. But it was only one!

As you say, cheap advertising.