Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default OT-Social Security $28 billion in the hole

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
news
Ed Huntress wrote:
There's some serious questioning going on about the premises of the
free-market model, but we went through that in the '30s, too. So I don't
make too much of it. But I had a feeling about reaching this moment in
history 'way back in the early '70s. I was covering automation and
computers were just starting to get involved. It looked then like we
wouldn't need a lot of people in the future. My thoughts then were that
we would simply shorten the work week, like France was doing at the time.
But capital doesn't like to be spread around. g

Welcome to the 21st Century

Well, yeah, I have a calendar, but it doesn't tell me what's going to happen
to our economy. d8-)

Ed, I can appreciate that.

But can you appreciate how much you position had changed in the last year?

You were a true believer.
A true optimist.
You had faith in "the system".
It was all going to be - okay.