Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
life imitates life life imitates life is offline

Default 45-degree diagonal cutters?

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:23:51 -0500, Meat Plow . wrote:

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:39:44 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:
The Lindstroms are worth the extra outlay if a long term, personal tool
is desired. For a production level, multi-user tool, the lower quality
steel, shorter life span brands are cheaper and are the better value for
such a setting. It just depends on who the tool is for, how well they
take care of their tools, and the term you wish the tool to last for.

Never heard of Lindstrom

Fairly well known as the 'Rolls Royce' of cutters etc. But debatable if
they are worth the cost. If you're only doing the things those cutters
were designed for, like snipping copper leads, cheaper ones treated as
disposable can be fine. And use a 'disposed' of pair for the things that
could damage the good ones.

But I do have some Lindstrom tools.

I don't doubt they are the cat's meow. I use a pair of side cuts for
anything less larger than 20. My nippers were always for nipping leads
from caps, diodes, etc.... The shearing edges are just too soft.

Not on Lindstrom steel, it isn't. They use ball bearing steel. The
"shearing edges" are flawless.

BTW, side cutters perform NO shearing action whatsoever. They are not
shears. They are snips. Blades and seats strike into each other. On a
shear, the blades cross each other.