Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
life imitates life life imitates life is offline

Default 45-degree diagonal cutters?

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:04:03 +0000 (UTC), "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:

Fred Abse wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:49:03 +0000, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

That in my humble opionion is just plain silly. If you refuse to lend people
tools when they ask, they wait until you are not looking and borrow them
anyway.

They get fired!

That only works if:

1. You are high enough up the food chain to do anything about it.

I can relate to that. I arrived at work one day, and went upstairs
down at the other end of the building. The new tech we hired started the
previous week. As I came to the end of the building my lab is at, and
looked out over the balcony, I saw him down at my bench, digging in my
personal tools/parts cabinets for whatever he felt like "he might need".

They did not do anything about it. Maybe because I was so mad about
the fact that such a low life ****tard had just been hired by our company
and was being considered a capable employee.

I think character flaws like that are grounds for instantaneous firing.

Not if it was a true colleague, looking for something he needed. This
was a new asshole, trying to get at my things, thinking he was getting in
before everyone else.

I only wish that the huge scare I filled him with when I hollered at
him when it happened had given him a heart attack.

He is ****ing lucky I did not load up one of our BIG HV caps and dump
the ****er in his ass while saying, "Now go near my **** again, ****er,
and I'll dump one of these into your chest!"

I hate that the ****tards in the world cause me to compromise my
character just to put the stupid *******s in their place. I hate ****ers
that make me hate.

I am so glad that the scrutiny used where I work now, means that I can
trust every soul there implicitly.

I could be a ****-up and they would keep me because I am part of the
family now.

But I am not a ****-up. That asshole digging in my parts and tools