Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default heat exchangers

David Billington wrote:

David Lesher wrote:
Alas, neither cite fits the bill. One is a marine
water-to-water unit, it appears; the other URL is a
paper on engine heat. Neither is useful on a 2 cyl.
aircooled generator.

Original VW beetle heat exchangers maybe. I don't know the details from
having one, although I know some people that have, but they used exhaust
heat exchangers to heat the cabin air. IIRC the only problem was when
the heat exchangers became perforated and started passing exhaust into
the cabin air.

Yes, any plan to capture generator waste heat should include redundant
CO detectors. If going this route, the entire generator should be
enclosed to capture the heat radiated from the block as well, with
combustion air ducted in to the carb from outside, the exhaust routed
through a few turns of oversized pipe and then outside, and fan forced
cooling air over the whole mess.